A Yankee born in Michigan who graduated from Boys Town, Nebraska, came down south to Mississippi to live and deer hunt, was
soon given the nickname of ~ TWO DOGS TALL!
Photo credit: Patrick Kavanagh

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

My Painting

My daughter, Karen, who lives in Santa Fe, NM, sent me some painting supplies recently for my birthday coming up on February 21st.  Santa Fe is a big artsy city and her husband, Ron, is a partner in an art supply store, Artisan-Santa Fe in Santa Fe, Taos and Albuquerque, NM.  She also has some of her paintings in galleries and doing very well.   I have taken up painting as a hobby now since hunting season is over.  I have really enjoyed creating and looking forward to my next painting project.  I'm also going down to the Senior Center once a week (Tuesday) to do some water color painting and to get some experience.  It really makes you feel good to create something and enjoy it at the same time.  My thanks to Karen and Ron for getting me started on my new hobby of painting!   

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...