A Yankee born in Michigan who graduated from Boys Town, Nebraska, came down south to Mississippi to live and deer hunt, was
soon given the nickname of ~ TWO DOGS TALL!
Photo credit: Patrick Kavanagh

Friday, May 24, 2013

Alabama Visitors

Last weekend we were surprised to see some old friends of ours who brought their sons and neighbor hood twin boys to Vicksburg to see the MS River and go through our Vicksburg National Military Park.  Above is Elaine and I.  You can see I have a black eye where I fell down and had to have 7 stitches in my head.  Elaine's Mother was my Dr. at one time and we all became good friends.  Her Dad and Mom were so good to us and we visited with them in Jackson and took them to our deer camp up at Kings Point Island.  We use to take Elaine hunting with us also.  My step-daughter, Suzi, dated Elaine's brother, Billy, at one time.  So it was great to see them again and catch up on the news.  They have two sons now and live in Birmingham, AL.  Her husband Chris is a computer guru and she is a social worker.  Her Mother has been diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease just as I have been and she lives in Clinton, MS, now. 

 Elaine with young son, Patrick.

 Elaine, myself and my wife, Marian.

Marian took this picture of all our visitors.  Stephen, sitting down, Chris, a neighbor, Thomas, Elaine with Patrick and another neighbor, Matthew, who are twins and live next door to them in Alabama.  It was a very nice visit and they were on their way back to the Vicksburg Military Park for more sightseeing.  I'm sure they had a great time!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...