A Yankee born in Michigan who graduated from Boys Town, Nebraska, came down south to Mississippi to live and deer hunt, was
soon given the nickname of ~ TWO DOGS TALL!
Photo credit: Patrick Kavanagh

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Work Weekend @ Camp

Marian and I were invited up to the famous Christmas Place Plantation and Hunting Club in the MS Delta over the past weekend for a work day.  We arrived on Saturday morning and I spent the day helping her at the camp house.  Sunday, Rex, Hershel and I, took off across the Beaver Dam to get some tree limbs up that had fallen on the road while his Dad worked the field at the Box Stand.  Above, Hershel and I are puttering around in the gator after he came in from plowing the fields.

We brought Rex and extra shirt from Artisan's that my son-in-law, Ron, sent to us.  He has a business in Santa Fe, NM, called Artisan.  This is where I get all my art supplies to do my paintings. We were acting up here because the shirt says...KISS AN ARTIST TODAY!  We really had a good workday weekend and enjoyed seeing everyone and look forward to our next visit to the camp for the big hog hunt.  This is the first time that peanuts were planted on the 500 acres.  In a few weeks the peanuts will be turned over and dried out before being harvested and I know for sure the hogs and deer will come a runnin.
   
Wolf painting that I gave Rex hanging in the bunk room.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...