A Yankee born in Michigan who graduated from Boys Town, Nebraska, came down south to Mississippi to live and deer hunt, was
soon given the nickname of ~ TWO DOGS TALL!
Photo credit: Patrick Kavanagh

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Joining The Vicksburg Art Association

Yesterday, I joined the Vicksburg Art Association, but will not put any of my paintings on exhibit for now.  I will wait until the fall exhibit.  It really came up so fast and was so involved with Marian's nephew getting married one weekend and then a flea market to get ready for the next.  Marian, Joyce, my art teacher at the Senior Center and I went there to sign up and to look around the Old Constitution Firehouse on Main Street where it will be held.  At this time Joyce took her 3 paintings to show.  The Spring 2012 Members Exhibition will be April 28, through May 2, 2012.  A reception will be this Saturday from 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.  Looking forward to meeting other artists and hopefully getting some good tips. Joyce also has a blog, Art~C~Lady, if you want to take a look at her beautiful paintings.

Old Constitution Firehouse






Joyce Ferguson Grey's painting she will enter of her son as a baby.

Joyce Ferguson Grey, my art teacher and I.

Tall doors

Notice the cross on the sign.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Exciting news, indeed!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...