A Yankee born in Michigan who graduated from Boys Town, Nebraska, came down south to Mississippi to live and deer hunt, was
soon given the nickname of ~ TWO DOGS TALL!
Photo credit: Patrick Kavanagh

Monday, April 30, 2012

Vicksburg Art Association Showing

Marian and I attended the Spring Art Show Saturday evening and was really nice.  Since Marian  took most of the pictures, you can go to her site and check out what took place.  I only took a few pictures that are shown below.  My art teacher thought it best that I not show at this time but go and see what it's all about and familiarize myself with what is done and the different categories that are entered.  I will place in the Fall Art Show.  I'm looking forward to picking out 3 of my paintings that I want  to show.

This year's Exhibitions Judge was Dan Piersol.  Dan has 30 years experience in the art field.  He was also Curator of Prints and Drawing at the New Orleans Museum of Art and more recently Deputy Director for Programs at the MS Museum of Art.

Showing him getting ready to place the 2nd best in show which was a 3-Dimensional by Leah Norris and you can view on Marians blog site.  Just so happens that he is standing near my art teacher's painting of a little boy by the water which was a copy of a picture of her son.  

Yentzen Callor II by Wade Stephenson

Mooo-nlight by Leslie Horton

Picture I took of "Mystic Rose" by Delinda Peterson.

Took this somewhat blurred picture of Marian checking out the paintings with the lime green purse.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...