A Yankee born in Michigan who graduated from Boys Town, Nebraska, came down south to Mississippi to live and deer hunt, was
soon given the nickname of ~ TWO DOGS TALL!
Photo credit: Patrick Kavanagh

Sunday, October 21, 2012

Winning Second Place With My Copper Tree!

32nd Annual Vicksburg Art Association 
Mississippi Artists Exhibition
October 20, 2012 through October 24, 2012
Old Constitution Firehouse Gallery - 1204 Main Street - Vicksburg, MS  39180

I was so happy and surprised to get second place in 3-D art for my copper tree.  This is the first time to enter in the Vicksburg Art Association and to show my paintings and copper tree.  (front angle)  

A side angle.  I did not know that I could enter my copper tree but brought it with me when I took my paintings.  I was told by Randy Jolly that I could enter it!  I sure was lucky!  

My wife, Marian and I having our picture taken with my copper tree by Kathy, my step-daughter, who also attended.

I'm so proud of my accomplishment.

My "Navajo Indian Shade" entry.

Standing by my picture called, "Road To Santa Fe."

Harold Blue and I having a drink before the crowds came for the art show.  His wife is a very popular artist in the Vicksburg area.  Her name is Jean Blue.  

There was plenty of food to eat and drinks.

Sandy serving drinks for patrons, benefactors, artist and guest.

Marian went around taking pictures of the entries before the crowd showed up.




My brother-in-law, Chris Ables, liked the picture above. 

My art teacher, Joyce Grey, won 2nd place with her painting of two fish called, Trouble In The Deep.

Trouble In The Deep

Joyce also got 3rd place on her picture called, Hug Me!

The Fall Show was conducted by Randy Jolly in the white shirt.  Randy was an art teacher at Warren High School for many years.  This was one of the many hats Randy has worn during his varied career, which has included designing stage sets for the Miss Mississippi pageant.  He has held multiple positions for the VAA, including active involvement in the Firehouse Gallery Restoration and chairing the VAA Fall Show for the past several years.  Randy is currently the Curator and Director of the Gore Galleries at Mississippi College where he teaches set design and stagecraft.  

This year's exhibition judge was Benjamin M. Hickey, Curator of Collections and Exhibition Masur Museum of Art, Monroe, Louisiana.  Benjamin hails from Buffalo, New York.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...