A Yankee born in Michigan who graduated from Boys Town, Nebraska, came down south to Mississippi to live and deer hunt, was
soon given the nickname of ~ TWO DOGS TALL!
Photo credit: Patrick Kavanagh

Sunday, March 29, 2009

Copper Trees

This is my wife, Marian's, copper tree that I made for her. It is like a swamp tree. Her favorite place to hunt is near a swamp at her camp in Claiborne County called, Jasper Bottom Hunting Club. Recently I have been adding green moss to the base of the trees to make them look more realistic. I have sold and given away a lot of my trees. I enjoying making them and it gives me something to do with my hands. I go to Home Depot to get my copper, cut to size and then shape into a tree. No two trees are alike. I can make small, medium and large ones. One day while hunting I was studying this tree in the woods and thought to myself that I can make a tree out of copper and that is how it all got started.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...