A Yankee born in Michigan who graduated from Boys Town, Nebraska, came down south to Mississippi to live and deer hunt, was
soon given the nickname of ~ TWO DOGS TALL!
Photo credit: Patrick Kavanagh

Monday, March 16, 2009

Gettin' in the St. Paddy's Spirit

Clad in four-leaf clover glasses, Jimmy Veazey, above left, and Vivian Middleton blow bubbles at a St. Patrick's celebration at the Y.M.C.A. last Friday, March 13, 2009.

My picture was in the Sunday's paper showing me dancing with 95-year-old Lener Mae "Baby Doll" Taylor who let go of her walker for a moment to dance to "The Locomotion" with me. The party drew about 60 people from the Vicksburg Senior Center, Y.M.C.A. Active Older Adults and Warren-Yazoo's Someplace Special. I attend Some Place Special four days a week for about six hours. We take field trips, play games, do crafts and it's a good way to socialize. I really enjoy going there. It keeps my mind active and helps me to be physically fit.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is what it is all about Bob, staying active and not letting things get to us.

Bob Phillips said...

You are so right Rick. Thanks for coming by.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...